HOPE is not a Great Strategy
While HOPE has its place, it is too passive as an approach for an aggressive, competitive business. Deliberate planning, discipline and commitment are essential elements for anyone who wants more out of a real estate career than a few sales each year. And yet, many whom you meet in the business cannot articulate anything close to a systematic approach to selling.
Real estate is a sales business and sales is all about numbers, ratios, and percentages. What systems and methods do you have in place that will allow you to improve your efforts and your results, week after week, month after month, year after year?
Here are a few HOPEFULLY helpful hints:
- Create a business plan that is specific. Specificity is the key to execution. Begin with your annual goals and break it down into the daily tasks required to get you to where you want to be at the end of the year.
- Create a Sales Plan. How many contacts do you need for each closing? If you are unaware of this personal statistic, you should begin to determine just what it is for you, and then, what you can do to improve on it. Contacts Create Contracts, so set about creating a plan that will maximize the number of contacts and the number of communications with each.
- Create a Technology Plan that is consistent with your Business Plan. Be sure to establish a budget and a timeline for the integration of the technology into your daily practice.
- Create a comprehensive, integrated Marketing Plan that includes conventional marketing and ties to your internet marketing.
- Create a Website Plan that takes advantage of the marketing power of your listings. A listing is a marketing asset and can be used to bring you buyers as well as other listings.
- Create Budgets for your business in general and for each listing.
- Be Found. Create profiles on social networking sites such as Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram. Use the power of social media to connect and reconnect you with people. Remember, Contacts Create Contracts!
- Own your domain, use Permanent Email Address and utilize Third Level Domains.
- Differentiate yourself from the competition. Your choice is, “Be Different or Charge Less.”
- Start Now.
I HOPE this has been helpful.