TBT Tech History
I listened and watched "The Future of MLS" panel yesterday. It was very good (for the most part). There is a lot of talk about a "National Database. We did the work to make this happen 10 years ago.
At Point2, I became CEO in December of 2007. Here is some of the tech we accomplished:
- syndicating to 35+ websites
Shift in Company Strategy from data acquisition on a one on one basis to REALTORS, to one of data acquisition from MLSs.
- work begins on huge project to build new data platform for importing listing feeds directly from MLSs. (all listings had been manually entered by users of Point2 Agent up to this point) (Java & SQL Server)
- development methodology migrated to Agile – Scrum, and XP (eXtreme Programming)
- service oriented architecture was adopted to avoid tight coupling between Point2 Agent/Point2 Homes and the data aggregation and distribution platform.
- data easily accessible by internal and external applications via numerous REST APIs that expose both data and services.
- several new technologies were introduced to accommodate this massive undertaking (Java, Hibernate, MySQL, python/django)
- Massive project to import listings from multiple MLSs is well on its way. Our first MLS comes online mid-2009. By the end of 2009, we had dozens of MLS feeds integrated and syndicating.
- A dashboard is introduced to allow MLSs, Brokers, Agents to manage syndication and purchase additional applications (including Point2Agent). – (Python/Django, MySQL)
- Point2Agent cross-browser compatible
- Migrated overloaded web-based email services to Rackspace
Residential Real Estate, Education
Motivate Yourself Toward Success
January 16 2018
Promises and Commitment
January 16, 2018
Brokerage, Technology, Consumer News, Industry, Residential Real Estate, Education, Finance, Misc
TBT Tech History
January 11, 2018
Consumer News, Residential Real Estate
Consumer Tips -- Working With Professional Real Estate Agents